Trying to get a Press-to-Handstand? Or a muscle-up? Check out this Gymnastics website just for CrossFitters.
Our local Gymnastics place has an adult gymnastics class. Best for former gymnasts as a place to practice old skills, but maybe you could learn something new. My husband learned how to do a back tuck - fun!
My students got some good handstanding practice in today. Carl Paoli has a video on how to do this skill. Watch in particular how his body maintains the "hollow body position" we have been practicing, sometimes just called "The Position".
- Stand tall with your arms next to your ears
- Take a big step into a big lunge and reach for the ground in front of you
- Drive the back leg over your head as you gently press off the ground with your leading leg
- Maintain hollow as you push away from the ground
- Search for the sweet spot that will allow you to hold your handstand forever!
1. Max rep pull ups (one attempt)
2. 2 minutes-max calorie row
3. 2 minute- max Thrusters (95,65)
4. 2 minutes- max double unders
5. 3 minutes AMRAP – T-2-B + Box Jumps (2+2,4+4,6+6…10+10)
6. 3 minutes ARMAP- 10 Snatch (75, 45) 10 Lateral burpees over bar
7. 2 minute cap- max distance broad jump
8. 5 minutes- Find a 1 rm Ground to Overhead